Hey, are you practicing yet? The day is wastin’ away and it’s high time to get going. You might say “well, why are you on the blog writing and not practicing?”
You might be right about that! I’ve had my excuses such as:
- My daughter has dance in 20 minutes and so I don’t want to get my flute out for a few minutes and then clean put it away and scramble out to take her.
- I haven’t been able to just lazily move around since last weekend.
- The dog needs exercise.
- I have to get the other 3 kids moving on their Saturday jobs.
- I just have to write this blog or I’ll forget what’s on my mind.
- The Pioneer Woman is on.
- Tumnus (our dog) is staring at me with an expectant look.
- There are clothes all over the bed that need folding.
- I need to make a grocery list.
- What am I fixing for supper?
- We’re going apple picking today.
- I’ve got to go to the library and renew my book. (Yes I still frequent the library and take out actual books.)
- The house is a mess.
- And did I already say that Tumnus keeps staring at me and it’s freaking me out?
But, maybe I will practice first. Surely I can carve out an hour to warm-up and just get that out of the way for more fun practicing later on!
Life is busy. I get it! With 4 kids that range in age from 9 to 15, my life is busy. But I can find the time to practice if I want to. And if I can find the time, so can you!